Drama will destroy your business, your life and you.
Surround yourself with positive energy, positive people,
positive words and you will go far!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................
When life get's you down ---> RUN from the DRAMA!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

back porch

back porch

Hi all, hope life finds you well taken care of.  I am happy to be here.  It’s a new month and I was looking for something  positive to share.  I came across this picture of my porch before we  remodeled it  and a poem that I wrote about it.  They went together well so I shared them with a few friends and got a positive response.   I decided to share them here, I hope you are encouraged as well.  This is my retreat and a favorite spot for many a friend and family member as well.  More than once a struggling soul dear to our hearts has come and stayed with us and refreshed themselves in this haven.  It is always a joy to share this place of   escape, everyone loves it and I hope you will too.  There is nothing more positive and refreshing than to get away from the grind of life for a moment and breathe.  In these moments we can “center down” and get in touch with our source of being.  We can only live well when we live from our center, and you only find your center in quietness and rest.  In every endeavor I try starting at the center and then work my way outward to completion.  Peace, silence, and solitude of heart and mind also makes for a more enriched journey along the pathway of life.   It is in the solitude that I find what I need to face the harshness and frustration that comes with living in this modern world.  Here I not only find what I need, but I find an abundance and it gives me something positive to share with others. I  have always believed that “if you cannot leave others better than you found them, then you should leave them alone.”   Thank you for reading, I hope you are blessed with a moment of solitude and peace and enriched from it. 

********************************************************

sittin on my back porch

not doin much at all

writin down a few lines

watin for u to call

strummin on my guitar

I ain't got far to go

and thats ok with me cause

I'm feelin pretty slow,

out here in this haven

I'm just lying low and

I'm glad it ain't far to nowhere

cause nowhere's where

I've got to go, so

I'm sittin on my back porch.......

ain't doin nothin at all.....

just me and my dogs

on the back porch

waitin on a call

asa

3 comments:

  1. What a delightful thought! I can just picture us sitting on your front porch, drinking coffee, chatting, maybe listening to some music. Thanks for making me smile and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place to "be". I'll be joining CatPurry for a cup of that coffee and some chatting. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely inviting porch and I too would love to join you for a cup of coffee or a glass of sweet cold ice tea :-)

    Love this comment you made: "There is nothing more positive and refreshing than to get away from the grind of life for a moment and breathe."

    I love having a quiet place to think and relax! I could add a photo of my bathtub I guess ((smiles)) Meanwhile, thank you for sharing your porch! I feel relaxed already just to view it!

    ReplyDelete