Friday, December 23, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
A couple of weeks ago the day had finally come where I was on my way to the hospital to have a total knee replacement. I had dreaded this day for months. I don't handle pain well, so I was not looking forward to the coming week of surgery followed by weeks (months?) of rehabilitation (rehab). I also had to shut down my eBay business until I would be able to get around and pack things, ship things, or get out to source more products.
The first day after the surgery the leg with my new knee was in a lot of pain and I knew they would be coming to make me walk up the hospital hallway with a walker. I couldn't even move the leg a tiny bit without my pain level shooting immediately to 10! I was dreading this morning with all my being. The next thing I know, gentile hands were moving me and my leg out to stand at a walker. "Hey, this isn't so bad I thought." We walked up the hall and back. "Not Bad." Later we did it again, and again. by the end of the day my pain level was down to a 2 or 3. "Not bad at all."
To make a long story short, after three days in the hospital and one day in rehab, I was walking with a cane and after a few more days in rehab I was walking without a cane. Having read in the literature my doctor had given me a couple months before my surgery that I wouldn't be able to drive for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery, I jumped for joy (not actual jumping) when twelve days after surgery he told me I could drive anytime I felt up to it, which of course was that same afternoon!
So, if you are dreading today or next week, remember that it is probably nowhere near as bad as you are thinking and may not be bad at all. Approach each day with anticipation and enjoy all the wonderful things that will happen.
Don't worry about tomorrow, let tomorrow worry about itself. Mt 6:34
Friday, September 23, 2011
Sometimes in life you need than just knowing how bad you want success, sometimes it takes a very drastic life situation to motivate you, to inspire you to achieve your true potential.
For many of you facing an extreme drastic situation in your life can forces a new perspective in your mind. And this new perspective can develop an outcome that will usually feels more enlightened than in the pass - and it creates a better choice in yourself.
Now life is giving you a lesson, is telling you that you can choose to hold onto suffering, anger and the drama...but, when you recognized decide to strip down the main issue to find the core of the problem or even better, simply let go of your pass beliefs, forgive yourselves, appreciate and be thankful of what you do have, that is when you can easily take all you've learned and make the most of this life.
That my dear friend is pure old fashion success!
Remember, this is your life and is time to decide to live it the right way leave a remarkable path for others to follow. A great example of leaving a remarkable is Steve Jobs!
Here is a very interesting article I found. This article shows that sometimes it takes a very bad situations to push people to do what they came to do in this Earth, or to really get to know their inner self and achieve true success.
Positivity is my way to everything!
Connect with me on Google+ or Facebook.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Here is the video:
How Bad Do You Want It from Greyskale Multimedia LLC on Vimeo.
Now for get the drama, all the excuses, what others are saying, and simply get up and go it...
Do it the Nike way... Just Do It!...
To your success,
Free Website Traffic Specialist.
Like me on Facebook for inspirational tips!
Friday, September 2, 2011
What a great video! As you can see, admitting that you are wrong is perfectly fine, as soon you never go out of your success path.
Be true to yourself, and have faith in your believe!
God bless you everyone!
Positivity is my way to everything!
Blog: Free Web Marketing.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Here is the first list of some of my favorite quotations, I truly think this are the top 10 success quotes of all times, because they are full of massive motivational power that can help you live a true life with no drama!
Here is the list of some of the greatest motivational phrases of all times:
1. Great things are not something accidental, but must certainly be willed. -Vincent Van Gogh
2. "A goal properly set is halfway reached." -Zig Ziglar
3. Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. -Henry Ford
4. In the classic musical production Camelot, there is a line with words of warning for all. “We must not let our passions destroy our dreams.” - King Arthur
5. Be fit for more than the thing you are now doing. Let everyone know that you have a reserve in yourself; that you have more power than you are now using. If you are not too large for the place you occupy, you are too small for it. -James A. Garfield
6. If your Action speak more Louder than Words, you will eventually Living your Dream. -Criss Angel
7. Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged. -Thomas A. Edison
8. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. -Henry David Thoreau
9. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. -Herbert Meyer
10. Enrich your life with positive thoughts and let the power of positivity show the way to success. -Luis Galarza.
Now, be free of drama get inspired to live a remarkable and successful life and the then reciprocate by inspiring others to do the same...
Also check this top 100 success quotes for even more motivation!
Positive Maniac And Web Marketing Specialist.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
I've been a coffee addict for years now and I've always had the problem to not drink water. My reasoning was that there is plenty of water in my coffee. Coffee is mostly water SO it made sense to continue on drinking several pots a day!
Thanks to my good friend Kathy Keefe, she had mentioned to me one day how she also had the love for coffee. Her work-around was to have a bottle of water with her coffee and I have been doing this ever since she shared this info with me.
Keeping a filled water bottle every day is my new goal. I still enjoy my coffee but now I enjoy them both! Coffee and water DO mix!
I wanted to share this with my fellow online friends that also have the love for coffee and are not drinking enough water. Since I've been struggling with my weight, water consumption is very important and coffee can cause dehydration. Many of us already know these facts but forcing ourselves to just DO it is another thing. eBay sellers that have the Kijiji water bottles, they are awesome for drinking water from. The built in straw makes it easy and I end up drinking more water each day because of the straw. You can still find people on eBay selling them: KIJIJI WATER BOTTLE sometimes and many are still selling my favorite coffee mug from eBay Live: EBAY COFFEE MUG
I hope this info will motivate you to drink more water and enjoy a cup off coffee too! **cheers**
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Here is a simple recipe to take some stress out of your life or to help a friend. Pass it on!
Stress Kit Recipe
Item #1: An Eraser - to erase all your mistakes.
Item #2: Pennies – so you will never be broke.
Item #3: Some Marbles – in case someone says that you lost yours.
Item #4: Rubber Band – to stretch yourself beyond your limits.
Item #5: String – to tie things together when everything falls apart.
Item #6: A hug and a kiss – to remind you that someone cares.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Where can one better be than in the bosom of one's family? Traditional French song
Love's sweetest meanings are unspoken - Christian Nestell Bovee
Yesterday was my sisters birthday. I love these sentiments.
You know it's your sister just by the way your phone rings.
A sister's hug wraps you in the love and security of the home you grew up in.
So, brothers and sisters, as we go, Still let us move as one - Alice Cary
Sharing becomes second nature to sisters. It's holding back that takes effort.
Alll of these quotes came from a yard sale find (where else)
EVERYDAY THOUGHTS (tm) SISTERS published by New Seasons. Its a desk type standup display with thoughts for 365 days of the year.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
how did it ever, ever
get to be this way
what could anyone,
anywhere possibly say
to a child who has to
pick his crumbs from
out of the dirt
while wars rage on
and billions are spent
in the business of hurt
we lock our possessions
up so very tight
and send the homeless poor
out into the night
to fend for themselves
in a world full of hate
where living and dying
are all left to fate
as prophets of doom
say that all is well
while all that is sacred
is condemned into hell
in a hand basket on
a bright sunny
where lies are the truth
and truth is banished
and put away,
saved, I suppose
for some far off rainy day
when all hope is lost
and we finally
count the cost
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
While I was growing up, my "Garden of Life” included a best friend who was always there for me. Elementary school was not the most enjoyable time of my life, especially when I was in the fifth and sixth grades. I was the one the kids always picked on or bullied mercilessly. I remember nights when I’d lie in bed with tears in my eyes, hands clenched in fists, wishing that I “fit in,” that I “belonged.” I kept wishing, but it wasn’t meant to be. There were days when I’d tell my Mom that I wasn’t feeling well in hopes she’d let me stay home. She was a pretty savvy Mom and she would take my temperature, look me up and down and say, “No temperature, dear. If I can go to work when I’m not feeling quite up to par, then you can go to school when you’re not.” I knew she loved me but I sure didn’t love school.
No matter what happened during my school day, though, my best friend always made me feel better. He offered a shoulder to cry on and unlimited love and support. I would sit down with him and tell him all my “trials and tribulations” and he would quietly listen while I worked all that frustration out of my system. I remember a girl named Rebecca who was a new student and befriended me for a little while but then abandoned me to go hang out with the other girls. My best friend never did that; his loyalty was endless. It made me feel better to know that, in his eyes, I was ok just the way I was and that I was actually someone he looked up to. Because of the way he made me feel about myself, I felt the same way about him.
By the way, my best friend’s name was Thunder and he was a beautiful black German Shepherd dog with silver and tawny markings. We loved each other unconditionally for the 10 years I was blessed to have him in my life.
Have YOU appreciated and loved your “pet(s)” today?
Until next time. . . remember the roses.
Monday, April 4, 2011
- Recognize the voice – often times when we ignore the voice and do what is contrary to what we “know” to be the right choice. As a result, we now feel guilty, stressed, or tense. To avoid this negative feeling, take a moment to just recognize that small voice by being still for a moment. Even if it’s just five minutes, give yourself permission to honor your internal voice. It will bring you a sense of peace and guidance. Take a deep breath, say an affirmation or prayer, or just sit with silence to truly just “be”. Recognize the voice today in your busyness of life and work to truly connect with what matters and it will in turn allow you to approach your “lists” in a different manner.
- Realign to hear the voice – As you review your lists of “to-do’s”, take a moment and include this realignment on your coveted “to-do” list. Example: 1) Schedule meeting with boss, 2) write white-paper on eco-friendly office furniture, 3) return emails from my vacation, 4) order lunch for board meeting, 5) schedule site visit for conference, 6) talk to HR about staffing issue…you get the picture. Example of realigned list: 1) Schedule meeting with boss, 2) write white-paper on eco-friendly office furniture, 3) Realign to hear the voice, 4) return emails from my vacation,5) order lunch for board meeting , 6) Realign to hear the voice, 7) schedule site visit for conference, 8) talk to HR about staffing issue, 9) Realign to hear the voice…etc. By inserting or scheduling in time to ‘realign to hear the voice’, it reminds you to do so. When we fail to realign, we run the risk of being burned out and running in circles without perhaps accomplishing all that we set out to accomplish. For better performance, today include yourself on your list that will bring a peace of mind and less stress.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
My "Garden of Life” (please see my posts from last year) revolves around one stable structure – the house where my husband and I have lived for over 13 years. It’s the first one we ever bought together. After all our Navy years of living in barracks, aboard ship, in apartments and in rentals, we purchased a place we could finally call our own. At the beginning, it was quite a novelty as we moved in and made it our home; then, after a while, not so much so. We “settled” in, took it for granted, and the only time it became a top priority in our minds was when something broke and needed to be repaired.
Through the years, an occasional “thought” would cross my mind that we were very fortunate to have a home. I’ve seen people lose their houses to fire, tornadoes, hurricanes and, lately, the economy. When we first moved to Florida, I worked for a charitable organization and met folks who couldn’t afford to purchase any house or apartment to shelter their loved ones. After I’d spend a day listening to them, I’d go home, walk through my front door, look around, and count my blessings.
That occasional “thought” suddenly took on blinding proportions when the earthquake and tsunami hit Japan on 3-11-11. I watched the television in horror as walls of water swept away hundreds of homes. Many people are missing and those who survived are spending their days and nights outside with no place to get warm, no food to eat, no water to drink, no place to rest, no loved ones to cherish – all of these precious elements comprise the basic comforts of “home.”
Have YOU given thanks for your “home” today?
Until next time. . . remember the roses.
(Please continue to keep the people of Japan in your thoughts and prayers.)
Monday, March 21, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dalai_lama.html#ixzz1HD2VR1Mu
I went to this site and if you need positive quotes for your website this is a good place to go to. I heard an interview with the Dalai Lama and was impressed.
Friday, March 4, 2011
I am seriously a baby when it comes to pain with a visit full of tears to the chiropractor and massage therapist this week in addition to all sorts of pill popping.
One kind word, one soft inspirational post can put the pain aside for a few moments and give me a smile, a virtual hug and cease it long enough to write a post of thanks!
Thank you to all the writers for the great posts. I sincerely enjoy reading this blog and sharing the love with everyone on the world wide web.
To play a small part of a "Drama Free Community" with inspirational posts is a true honor for me and I can't thank everyone enough. If I feel this way with hidden pain today there must be others out there feeling the love as well!
Thanks for the twitter post Luis:
Congratulations to my Sweet DIVA Friend Danna Crawford (@PowerSellingMom ) for the increase of ranking of her blog... http://fb.me/O660ghWC "
That simple twitter post is a great example of HOW POWERFUL inspiration can be! Because of that post, I was motivated and inspired, running from the drama to write a post here on our blog with a smile!
Hugz and drama free blessings to all!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
The action figure was paid for on February 21 and shipped out to Santa Monica, California with little fan-fare on February 22 via USPS Priority Mail. On March 2, I received a frantic email from the buyer. It was one of those "Dude, where's my stuff!?" messages that set my heart racing. It seems "Ben" was needed as a TV show prop that was to be filmed the following Monday and she had to have him by Friday at the latest... that is, Day after TOMORROW!
Looking at the tracking information, I saw that the package had been delivered and a notice left, which usually means the recipient wasn't available to receive the item. After a few phone calls I left a message on the buyer's phone mail. Within the hour I received a phone call back and we agreed that it looked like the Ben was headed back to me. The buyer and I could not understand why it was held only a few days in Santa Monica Post Office before it was sent it back to me. I agreed to get it back to the post office and ship it Express mail immediately to get it to her the next day, her deadline was pressing.
This morning was spent with my usual eBay morning routine, getting shipping labels printed, researching the next items to put up for auction, and taking care of the 1,001 other details that all eBay sellers have to attend.
Noon came and went, no postman! One o'clock, still my postal box was empty. I began to really worry. I had the label printed (this time with the suite number which had been left off the original shipping information) and had researched the cost to Express mail "Ben" back to California. Suddenly, I decided to check the tracking information one more time. To my amazement, it showed the item had been received in Orlando (headed for my place), then sent back westward and received in California about 11:30 last night. Hooray!
I called the buyer (who from the sounds of it was in a meeting) and she told me she had called USPS with the tracking # and told them the problem and that she needed the package sent back to California. I managed to wheedle the details of the TV filming and found out it is to be a prop on TRUTV (network) in an episode that will probably be titled "Forbidden Storage". TruTV airs such shows as "Hardcore Pawn" a show that I personally enjoy which next airs Tue, March 8 at 10P and the very popular "Operation Repo" which airs Wednesdays @ 9pm. I will be looking for "Ben" on the upcoming show and will let you know more details as I get them.
Lessons learned today:
- As a buyer, make sure your complete address is in the Ship To: address field.
- The Post Office will not hold an item more than a few days if address is incorrect or incomplete
- Never underestimate the importance of getting a tracking # and putting on each item you ship
- eBay is successful, for one thing, because it encourages buyers and sellers to communicate. You won't find that on Amazon!
Monday, February 28, 2011
We all have goals. They may be small...or rather large and lofty, but we are all looking ahead to something. Perhaps we don't think we can actually get there. Or maybe we never doubt ourselves for a moment. Some of us work hard and keep our goals in focus. Some of us wish away our time and wonder where it went. Most of us do a little of both.
All of us need inspiration. A friend. A mentor. Someone to snap us back to reality when we dream too much and work too little or just plain give up. A positive shove in the right direction will do us good.
January is gone. February is over and done. March is here with another clean page and fresh start.
It is sure to be a great month if we make ourselves do the work. Ralph was right!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
|Release Stress - Avoid Drama!|
Do you think is easier or harder to release stress now in days?
Our life lately has become a Star Wars journey to everything we do on a daily basics. Is an high tech world, technology that can make our life easier, but research shows that is also elevating our stress levels, because now we have more things to do or keep track of than before, things like:
- Did you send that tweet on Twitter yet.
- I need to tell my Facebook friends where I'm going right now.
- Oh, man! I forgot to update foursquare with my current location.
- I need to check my voicemail again.
- Let see how many messages and spam I got on my email.
- Oh, I almost forgot, I need to check my Facebook messages too.
- As soon I have time I need to sign up for LinkedIn.
- I hope I get to download my favorite song for my iPod today.
In a tech based world like ours a simple note written by hand can make a remarkable difference. Here are a few tip to help you release your stress today:
1. Start by handwriting a positive statement on two clean piece of paper, then posted on your fridge or desk and send the other copy to a friend or family member that might need some motivational help.
2. Show stress the way out by decreasing tension in your shoulders. You can do this by simply raising them towards your ears, then you need to hold that position for three seconds, then exhale while releasing them.
3. Show you are accessible by sending a small email or message to one of your top business leads or prospects you got this week. Just remember to show that you are ready and willing to help them.
4. Energize your body during the day with healthy snacks. So, be sure to keep a good supply of protein bars, dried fruits, nuts, or other type of healthy snack you can find at your local super market.
5. Did you visualize achieving your goals yet? If your goal is to have a very productive day each and everyday, just close your eyes for about 60 seconds in the morning, then generate a positive vision focusing on the way your want your day to be.
I hope this little tips can help you to said bye to stress today!
A motivated and crazy entrepreneur!
My blog: Free Internet Marketing.
Connect with me on Twitter or Facebook.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
- Consistency - Having between one and two media appearances (radio show, TV or print) will NOT skyrocket your business to the top of Google or on the front page of the paper! As an "top leader" responsible for your own PR efforts, it will take more than a few appearances. It takes months and consistent publicity to have your media outreach efforts payoff; sometimes even longer. But, you must stick with it and be consistent. A lot of times when you see important people (READ YOU) make appearances on major shows like the Oprah Show, Regis & Kelli & GMA; that buzz started regionally. It is critical to build the buzz around you, your hometown and then regional/statewide.
- Covet local press – There are some golden opportunities to covet your local and regional press. Do not make the mistake of overlooking this opportunity. Business leaders all want that coveted role of landing on some "Best Businesses to know..." type of list or status. But, often times, that happens due to the local buzz and local support of regional media. People will love to cheer for you and your business success. If you get coverage, your hometown or state gets coverage too. It’s nostalgic and heart-warming for the town, the state and the business owner. Covet the local press and do not count them out. Local and regional press have a nationwide reach.
- Creative Pitch – Does your service offering or product have a current event theme? Can it be related to a business scenario currently happening in the news? What‘s in the news? Be sure you know what reporters, journalists and the media is talking about BEFORE you call to pitch a story to them. For example, if your book is on “Surviving Divorce”, perhaps you pitch a story to the media during Valentine’s Day about “Four ways to love your way through divorce”. This creativity can certainly land you in the news, as most of the stories will be about “love, finding your mate, celebrating love…etc. A lot of times, the media needs a twist on a story…make it creative. Make it relevant, before you pitch.
Friday, January 7, 2011
The next frame shows the snowman up close. He is worrying to himself…sleet, sun, dogs, rabbits...
For me, this is a reminder that nothing is as easy as it looks from the outside. Time and time again I am surprised to find out that someone that I admire has to work at success – they make it look so easy! Or I make the mistake of forgetting that nobody has the perfect life or situation. We all have obstacles and challenges to overcome. We all have advantages, too. Fortunately, unlike the snowman, we can act to change the course of our days.