Drama will destroy your business, your life and you.
Surround yourself with positive energy, positive people,
positive words and you will go far!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................
When life get's you down ---> RUN from the DRAMA!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Art of Being an Overcomer

Monday Moments

Top of the morning to you! Hi there!  Good morning! Morning! These are some of the few ways I greet you online and in person. Sometimes, it’s accompanied with a hug, but always with high energy and a big smile. So, this morning I hope you feel my sheer joy, enthusiasm and thankfulness to you, as I help you start your Monday on a favorable note.

Today, as I awoke, the thunder was rumbling and the lightening commenced; followed by downpours. For sure, I wanted to stay under the covers and listen and lull and just…you know…do all of those things when it rains. Relax and settle in. But, no-can-do!  I must overcome this feeling and quickly overcome this feeling. After-all, I truly believe how we act and feel in those first moments of arising will set the tone for the rest of the day.  Therefore, time to shift some energy to overcome this relaxed state!

So, today as we greet the second day of spring, let’s overcome.  I like definitions, so we’ll start there.
Overcome(r) – Definition – to gain the superiority: WIN, to get the better of

Isn’t that good news? Thanks Merriam-Webster.  Now that we know what it means, I want to encourage you to overcome these Monday blues that sometimes try to creep upon us or other “blues” that may try to rear its head today or this week.
1)      Recognize the “blue” feeling and change it – this morning, I could have chosen to lie in the bed and feel ‘blah, blue or relaxed’. But, I also know  there is  lots to do and should I chose to ignore the many action items, later today I would be kicking myself for wasting time. NOPE! We have free will to choose another thought that will render us productive, happy, and active. Freely and intentionally choose the thought or best action that will serve you in a greater capacity.
2)      How to change the feeling:
a.      Say an affirmation – ex. Today is a great day, even in the rain. The rain allows me to wear my cute rain boots. Thank you for the rain and the stylish wardrobe to accompany this weather.
b.      Turn on some “feel good” music that will enhance a happy feeling, thought or act.
c.       Stand and give yourself a standing ovation for deciding to rise & shine.
d.      Find a scripture – it will remind you that you are not alone and give you strength. (Phil 4:13)
e.      Call a friend, family member  or colleague for a quick hello and share your affirmation, wishing them well for today
f.        Take ten minutes to stretch, have prayer or meditate
g.      Exercise (time permitting) – get the endorphins moving with ten sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks – just MOVE!
h.      Five finger rule – say aloud five things, events, places or actions you are thankful for, that you experienced over the weekend.
i.        Expectations & Intentions - Expect today to be a GREAT day! Intentionally make it a GREAT day!
j.        I am an OVERCOMER – repeat aloud ten times.


Go forth and overcome. Have a winning wonderful Monday and feel free to share your feedback on the blog or drop me an email. Oh, and by all means, share this Monday Moment with someone who may be experiencing a “blue Monday”. 

----Antoinette Sykes, MBA



No comments:

Post a Comment