wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Being yourself is the easy bit, but being happy is difficult. They are similar but the results are massively different.
- Be yourself! This means doing what you want, achieving your goals not living up to others expectations because this is your life. It's just tuning out the little voice that says "What will so-and-so think."
- Accept and forget. Write down all your flaws everything you don't like about yourself. Divide them into three columns: worth worrying about, who cares? and why is it even on this list? Rip them all up. This is not about changing yourself. This is being yourself and loving yourself for it.
- Eliminate! Identify places or people or things that make you feel uncomfortable with yourself. Eliminate this stuff from your schedule. You have no time for people who don't accept you.
- Forget others' opinions. If you feel fat because someone said you were they were probably covering up for their own insecurity problem. Feel superior, take the high road and forget.
- Learn to forgive. Once your self-esteem is booming and confidence glowing I bet at least one person will be sorry. Forgive and forget. Everyone makes mistakes. You did by listening to them.
- Enjoy yourself! Life is short. Live it well. Never back down from an obstacle you face. And always remember,you are number one. You are you and its only the world around you.
- Learn to have a good laugh everyday. Call it your daily dose of laughter. Laughter has been proven to help you relax, boost your immune system, protect your heart, and help you just feel good in general. Think about old stuff that you thought was funny and laugh about it again!
- Enjoy what you do, and don't let ANYONE get you down because they don't do it, or they don't like it. No one can be normal because everyone's unique.
- Listen to Christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful' and Sugababes' 'Ugly' and other mood boosting songs.
- When you're forgiving someone - forgive them, then move on! Don't rehash or remind. It doesn't mean that it didn't happen... regain your power and choose to release yourself from the situation. Mistakes happen, people may or may not learn from them. Forgive.
- Try helping others. There is nothing like helping someone else to help improve your self confidence.
- Do something that you want to do, or like, every day. Whether it be listening to the song that you love, or dancing in your underwear in your bedroom, it doesn't matter. Just do it and forget about other people. Enjoy the moment of being free, and carry that with you for the rest of the day.
- It's your life; so live it how you want to! But be aware of what you are doing.
- Make a "happy" songs play list to listen to when you're not feeling so good. This especially helps at the beginning of your day.
- If you are feeling lonely spend some time doing fun things with the people that are close to you.
- Could result in excessive happiness.
- -May also cause over-confidence and cause you to do things you wouldn't normally do!
Things You'll Need