Drama will destroy your business, your life and you.
Surround yourself with positive energy, positive people,
positive words and you will go far!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................
When life get's you down ---> RUN from the DRAMA!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Don't Dread the Day Ahead

We never know what will happen tomorrow or even today when we wake in the morning. Some days are just routine, the same as the day before, and the day before that. Others can present unexpected surprises, good or bad. Many dread expected bad surprises and it ruins their day even if the surprise isn't so bad after all.

A couple of weeks ago the day had finally come where I was on my way to the hospital to have a total knee replacement. I had dreaded this day for months. I don't handle pain well, so I was not looking forward to the coming week of surgery followed by weeks (months?) of rehabilitation (rehab). I also had to shut down my eBay business until I would be able to get around and pack things, ship things, or get out to source more products.

The first day after the surgery the leg with my new knee was in a lot of pain and I knew they would be coming to make me walk up the hospital hallway with a walker. I couldn't even move the leg a tiny bit without my pain level shooting immediately to 10! I was dreading this morning with all my being. The next thing I know, gentile hands were moving me and my leg out to stand at a walker. "Hey, this isn't so bad I thought." We walked up the hall and back. "Not Bad." Later we did it again, and again. by the end of the day my pain level was down to a 2 or 3. "Not bad at all."

To make a long story short, after three days in the hospital and one day in rehab, I was walking with a cane and after a few more days in rehab I was walking without a cane. Having read in the literature my doctor had given me a couple months before my surgery that I wouldn't be able to drive for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery, I jumped for joy (not actual jumping) when twelve days after surgery he told me I could drive anytime I felt up to it, which of course was that same afternoon!

So, if you are dreading today or next week, remember that it is probably nowhere near as bad as you are thinking and may not be bad at all. Approach each day with anticipation and enjoy all the wonderful things that will happen.

Don't worry about tomorrow, let tomorrow worry about itself. Mt 6:34

God Bless,

Dr eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment