Drama will destroy your business, your life and you.
Surround yourself with positive energy, positive people,
positive words and you will go far!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................
When life get's you down ---> RUN from the DRAMA!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Garden of Life #5

Sometimes, in our "Garden of Life" we take for granted the very people who are the closest to us -- our spouses. We might have a bad day and end up taking it out on them. We might forget to say "please" and "thank you" for everything they do for us. We might forget an anniversary or a birthday and say a quick, unthinking "sorry." We might "tune out" when they are telling us something that has happened to them during their day. For those of you who may be experiencing these types of situations with your "significant other," I submit the following:

There Was a Time. . .

There was a time when I was lonely,
Then you came.
We built our friendship
Slowly, carefully, tentatively.

There was a time when my life was dark,
Then you brightened it.
You showed me how to chase
Away the shadows of mistrust.

There was time when I felt unloved,
Then you loved me.
No strings, no pressure --
Just "unconditional" love.

There was a time when I was sad,
Then you brought happiness.
You helped me shed my tears and
See the rainbow beyond the storm.

There was a time when my life was empty,
Then you filled it
With forests and beaches, autumn colors,
And winter wonderlands.

There was a time when I was afraid,
Then you brought courage.
You said we could face together
Whatever Fate might bring us.

There was a time when I stood alone,
Then you joined me.
We stood on an altar and
Pledged our lives and our love.

There Was A Time. . .

But that was before You.
Thank you, my Love, for changing my life. . .
And Times.

(From Marie to Husband, Joe; 1991)

Have you let your spouse know how much he or she means to you today?

Until next time. . . remember the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment