Drama will destroy your business, your life and you.
Surround yourself with positive energy, positive people,
positive words and you will go far!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................
When life get's you down ---> RUN from the DRAMA!
...............................................................................
...................................................................................

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just Laugh At the Little Things

When life has you stressed out or someone has ruined a moment for you, try to think positive & laugh at the little things in life. I know I do! Laughing is one of the best remedies there is for when you are feeling down!

I'll tell you a little story that you can think about to get a good laugh next time you have a bad day! About 3 years ago, my son who was 8 at the time caught a frog. He played with that frog all day long and wore the poor little bugger out. It was bed time, so I told my son, time to let the frog go and get to bed. I thought he understood that as putting it outside on the back porch & letting it go.

Well the next day, he was gone to school and I had completely forgot about the frog. I was doing my daily Mom chores, picking up laundry from the floor, going into his bathroom to get ready to clean it, etc. I kept hearing this Kaploink! Kaploink! noise. I could not figure out for the life of me, what it could be!!

Off I went to get the bleach to clean his bathroom, came back a few minutes later & heard the noise again. I went to open his toilet lid to dump the bleach in & out shot the frog!!!! Needless to say, after I had my heart attack , screamed & almost passed out, I got myself together...got the rubber gloves on & took the frog "out" as my son was instructed to do so the night before.

When my son got home from school that afternoon, I was waiting. I didn't say a word and snuck around the corner & watched him go into his bathroom and look into the toilet with bewilderment in his eyes. He searched all over the bathroom, then came running out. I asked him if there was a problem? He then explained to me that the frog must be in the house somewhere, because he couldn't "find" it. I said, Wow! I thought you were to put it outside last night. I didn't take a breath and added, by the way I cleaned your bathroom this morning & flushed the toilet before I cleaned it. I thought he was going to faint then.

After awhile, I finally told him that "YES" Mom found the frog & put it in a bucket outside. He replied that frogs needed water & he reeeeeeeeaaaaally wanted to keep it, so he thought I would never look in his toilet & he'd sure be able to keep it.

Now, several years later, we went through the same thing, only this time it was a turtle!!

I sit and think about those moments when I am having a rough time with something and I have to just laugh each time, because yo gotta hand it to my son, he is pretty smart thinking the toilet the safest place to keep a critter! LOL!

Lets just pray he never gets into snakes!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That's CUTE! What kids don't think about an do! :) Enjoyed your story very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is tooooo funny! I can just imagine him in fear with the image of that poor frog going down the drain! "ribit" lol

    ReplyDelete